Time lapse technology for embryo development & selection, An Embryoscope is a specialized incubator, designed specifically for the culture of human embryos, which has been fitted with a time-lapse camera. This camera takes several images of each embryo during its time in culture, which results in a video of each embryo’s development.
EmbyroScope is an innovative time-lapse technology used to carefully monitor and analyse the development of embryos. It combines an incubator, high resolution camera and computer software to automatically take an image of an embryo up to every 7 minutes.
The EmbryoScope contains an internal microscope and camera system that records the development of the embryo without disturbing it. This is critical during the early stages of development. The camera helps the embryologist to identify the best embryo for transfer.
What are the Benefits of using EmbryoScope?
There are four core benefits to the EmbryoScope:
- Reduced handling: Scientists can review the development of embryos at any point in time without removing them from their incubators.
- More monitoring: Scientists can analyse more than 7200 minutes of an embryos development compared with the standard 6-10 minutes.
- Better embryo selection: By obtaining accurate, in-depth data scientists can now use selection and de-selection criteria to try and identify the best embryo for transfer.
- First video of your baby: If you would like one, you can receive a video of the transferred embryo developing.
Who might benefit from EmbyroScope?
Anyone undergoing IVF or ICSI is suitable for culture in the EmbryoScope.
The Benefits of the EmbryoScope Incubator
- A stable culture environment
- Uninterrupted monitoring of embryo development
- Improved selection criteria with increased success rates
- Better quality embryos for Cryo preservation